The IFRC PPE Project
The IFRC Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Project’s first mandate was to learn about what PPE a CSIL or CLBC Employer needed to stay heathy and minimize possible exposure to COVID -19 The second mandate was to source that appropriate PPE and deliver it to those employers at an affordable price.
To accomplish our first mandate we received guidance from the Provincial Health Office, SafecareBC, WorksafeBC and other experts in the field.
To stay safe, the first takeaway is:
1. Caregiver/Assistant should wear a mask at all times.
2. When a Caregiver/Assistant is working close to you and can not maintain physical distancing, they must be wearing a Medical Grade Mask cerified for that purpose.
3. If the Caregiver is able to maintain physical distancing, then they can wear a Non-Medical Mask
4. Other options include wearing a Face Shield can provide additional protection for short periods of time.
To accomplish the second mandate we sourced many suppliers across Canada. As a result we have purchased stock of the medical grade PPE you required.
The store has been set up to provide a secure and simple place for Employers to purchase the products they need.
Never be shy, ask if there is something else you need. .
For detailed information on the Medical Standards read the UNDERSTANDING PPE section below
- Choose the correct Mask for the job
- Face Shields are an option
Keep it over the nose
- the KN-95 Masks stay in place
- When close, Use Medical grade Masks
Stay SafeChoose the correct Mask for the job
ProtectionFace Shields are an option
Keep it over the nosethe KN-95 Masks stay in place
Medical gradeWhen close, Use Medical grade Masks
We need your help...
Please contact us if you have any suggestions or questions.
We need your feedback for Products you need and cannot get.
We need your help to write your best practice for Keeping Safe and using PPE
We need to know what is working and what we need to change to ensure we are meeting your needs.
Our Contact email is: Info@georis.ca